BLOG: PLANNING ON WORKING OUT OF A STORAGE UNIT?
January 11th, 2023
A lot of people find themselves questioning if you can work out of a Storage unit. The answer is no, but there are ways that a storage unit can benefit your small business.
No, it is not allowed for you to change your unit into an office or workshop, but standard self-storage can be very useful for your business. Everyone can benefit from extra space to store extra inventory, records and any other excess business-related items, and a storage unit may be the perfect low cost space for your business.
Self-storage can be a great solution for storing business related items for the following types of businesses
- Online retailers- Storage units are a great solution for online retailers to store their inventory.
- Contractors and Landscapers- Storage units work great for storing tools, supplies and trailers
- Theaters and Galleries- Climate controlled self-storage units can be a great please to store art and stage equipment for a small theater or gallery.
Important things to remember when renting a unit for your growing business.
Ask a manager before conducting any following business activities inside your unit:
- Operating machinery
- Meeting customers
- Installing anything including but not limited to wiring, phones, attached shelving ect.
- Connecting to electricity
Self-Storage is more useful and versatile than you would think. Small businesses are always welcome to StorWise Self Storage. Take a look at our locations and see if we can accommodate your small or large business today. If you have any questions done be shy to contact your local StorWise Manager.
StorWise Self Storage News & Blog